Saturday, December 20, 2014

Nesting


I've been a bit busy lately getting things ready.  I made this blanket, since I realized that he has no blankets at all.  With the other kids, I always crocheted a baby afghan, but I decided to make a toddler comforter this time, since the little afghans I made were usually mostly used to cover up the babies in the car, and our little guy is already two. He will need some sort of comforter for his bed, and this will work in the crib and later when we transition him to a toddler bed.  Plus, my hand/wrist is not as good as it used to be, and I don't know how long it would take me to make an afghan now.  So I found this cheerful fabric at Wal-Mart and got to work.  Now I'm thinking that I should make Malachi a comforter, too, since he actually doesn't have one, or any type of covering for his bed.  He just uses several smaller blankets, but I think he'd like an actual twin-sized one.  He does use the comforter I used as a teenager sometimes, but it's red and black, and I know he'd love green.

This blue and yellow comforter is warm and cozy.  It's not too great for cuddling on the couch, though, as it's too bulky.  But it should keep him warm at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment