Wednesday, December 31, 2014

De-Licing

Well, we had our lice episode about a month ago, and ever since then I've been really paranoid about lice.  Then, we were exposed to them again (for real, not just in my head!), so when we got home, and my head kept itching, I decided to mix up 2 T coconut oil and 12 drops tea tree oil and smear it all over my hair.  I figured that then I'd comb it out and know for sure.  I discovered a couple of things: first, I didn't have lice.  Second, 2 tablespoons of oil is a ton of oil, even for as much hair as I have!  So it took quite a bit to wash it all out, and my hair is still slightly oily today.  I've decided, though, that the peace of mind was well worth it.  And if I ever think I have lice again, I'll only use half of the oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment