Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Adding Color


 
I found these black-eyed susans at our local Kroger.  They were cheap, and oh-so-pretty.  When I was a kid, black-eyed susans grew along the edge of the woods at Grandmommy and Grandpa's house.  I have very fond memories of all of the wildflowers that we picked there.  I planted these next to the hydrangea, which isn't blooming this year, and in front of the peony, which also isn't blooming.  I'm not sure what I did wrong with those.  Mamaw and Papaw had beautiful, wonderfully scented peonies at their house, so I planted a couple of those last year, but I haven't had any blooms yet.  And the hydrangeas remind me of the gorgeous and huge blue hydrangea bushes we had at the house we lived in when Nathaniel and I were first married.  Yes, I'm very nostalgic about plants!
 
 
I've also been sewing lately.  I've been mostly making doll purses with some fabric from Mamaw, and I made a nightgown for Lydia.  She has grown!  I plan on cutting out another shirt for Gyunay sometime this week as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment