Sunday, March 6, 2016

Book Review - Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa

Annabel Lee: A Coffey & Hill Novel

The mystery intrigues throughout this novel.  I loved it.  The author has engaging and memorable characters, particularly Annabel Lee, the Mute, Trudi, and of course, Uncle Truck.  This book holds the suspense from the beginning, and there are plenty of twists to keep the reader interested.  The author notes that he normally writes inspirational fiction, but I think he's found a new niche in suspense.  This book is hard to put down at any point.  The story shifts points of view, from Annabel Lee herself, to her protector the Mute, and Trudi Coffey, PI.  This is very effective, and allows the reader to glean bits of information from various sources.  The dynamics between Trudi and her ex-husband Samuel are complicated and give the story personal depth.  I look forward to reading the next suspense novel from this author.  I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense (except my Mom, who doesn't like to see kids in dangerous situations).

And just a fun literary note, the author did name the title character after Edgar Allen Poe's wonderful poem.  I will admit that the title alone made me interested in this book, and I loved the references to Poe throughout.

I received this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment