Friday, February 17, 2017

Keeping Busy

Nathaniel was in Europe all week, but the kids and I have mostly been keeping busy around the house.  I started some sewing projects - and I finished this one:

Gyunay was a big help in determining that it needed finished fast.  He was very disgusted with me when I did not produce his "red stars" shirt within five minutes.  I also started on a spring dress for Lydia, did some mending, and I made a few things for the shop


I actually "up-cycled" part of this shirt.  The red was new fabric (or, fabric I've had in my stash for an undetermined amount of time), but the gray is all from an old dress shirt of Nathaniel's.  I was pleased with how it turned out, and my little man is excited about wearing it to church on Sunday.  


In gardening, remember how I planted some seeds last weekend?  Well, look at these!


The cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli are the ones that have sprouted first.  None of the tomatoes have sprouted yet, but that's to be expected.  I'll be planting some more seeds this weekend (or maybe later today). 

No comments:

Post a Comment