Friday, August 11, 2017

Book Review - Fault Lines by Thomas Locke

 Fault Lines by Thomas Locke is definitely a suspenseful book.  The action starts right away and rarely lets up.  It is a bit hard to follow in spots, because there are multiple characters at play, and not all are as well-developed to make their personalities and roles easily apparent.  I really enjoyed the characters of Charlie Hazard, Julio, and Alessandro.  The book does have a good resolution, but it is apparent that the end of the book is not the end of the story.  I enjoyed all of the action and suspense in this book, but I struggled a bit with some of the elements in the story line not quite meshing, or being well explored.  Perhaps some of these elements are better defined in the rest of the trilogy.  I'm not being too specific here, because I don't want to spoil anything for readers.
Overall, I enjoyed this book, but it was not my favorite.  Then again, sci-fi in general is not my favorite, although I do really enjoy suspense, so this would probably be more appealing to people who enjoy sci-fi as much as the suspense.  Readers looking for an overtly religious book would be disappointed, as faith elements are subtle and not forefront.

I received this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment