Thursday, August 2, 2018

10 lbs!

I grew a giant cantaloupe:
To be specific, it weighed 9.86 pounds.  It was good, although still not as good as a Posey County cantaloupe.  It is a different variety, called a Ginger Melon.  I have a few more on the vine, and although they are large, this was the biggest.

We've been pretty busy the past couple of weeks.  We enjoyed spending time with cousins and Nana and Pa.  Then this week, Grandma came and took the kids for a little road trip to Kentucky Down Under.  The kids had a blast.
As for me, I've been up to my eyeballs in peaches.  On Sunday, we went and picked 92 pounds of peaches and white nectarines.  We also picked up 20 pounds of cooking apples.  So I've been peeling, slicing, canning, and freezing.  I've made cinnamon peach jam, blueberry peach jam, blackberry peach jam, honey peaches, honey nectarines, and applesauce.  I've still got more to do, so back to the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment