Saturday, August 4, 2018

Garlic and Chickens

It's been a while since I posted about the chickens.  They have grown, and the roosters are starting to crow.
Five of the chickens are roosters, so we will be harvesting 2 really soon (probably this weekend?) and another 2 in a week or so.  It's been a while since chicken was on my menus, and we will all enjoy a good chicken dinner.

All of the roosters are buff orpingtons.  Isn't he handsome?

Today, I cleaned up all of the garlic that I harvested in June and early July.  It's been curing in the garage since harvest, so today I trimmed off the stems and roots.  It's a good amount of garlic, the most I've ever grown, but not enough for a full year for us.  I hope to grow more for next year, but I haven't decided where to plant it yet.  I've got some time, though.  I don't plant garlic until mid-October.

And finally, we finished painting the outside of the house.  It was a family effort, and it looks so great.

I am very pleased with the darker gray color.  I'll have to post a picture of the deck later.  Nathaniel painted it, too.  I haven't got all of the stuff moved back onto it yet, though, since we wanted to wait a week to give it plenty of time to dry thoroughly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment