Sunday, November 4, 2018

October Harvest Totals & Etc

I made this rack to hold my sweet potatoes, but unfortunately, I've got lots of room for more.  I only harvested 8 lbs of sweet potatoes.  I'm pretty sure they needed more sun.  The good news is that I planted them from slips I grew myself, so at least it was free.  The rack, of course, is not, and I still need to finish the last 3 or 4 trays to go into it, but it can hold winter squash, onions, or potatoes, too, so it will still be used.  When I get it totally done and sanded, I will move it upstairs.  I may paint or stain the rack (but not the trays that the food sits on).

October Harvest Totals:
arugula - 2c
cucumbers -1
eggs - 165
peppers (Bulgarian) - 2
radishes - 3
sweet potatoes (purple) 8 lbs
tomatillos - 4.3 lbs
tomatoes - 3


The boys were playing a video game together.  Both Malachi and Gyunay jump up and down while they play, while Elijah holds the gamepad entirely too close to his face.  Meanwhile, Lydia was thrilled that the shop roof was full of leaves again.  After sweeping it, she hung around up there for at least half an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment