Friday, April 12, 2019

Spring

Spring has really arrived here now, and it's beautiful.  Some of the tulips just opened today:
There are also white, yellow, orange, and red ones just opening up.

Of course, with spring often the storms come.  We had a quick but strong storm this morning, and the power was out for about 6 hours.  Our little chicks need to be kept warm, so I put them in a box and brought them inside.  It was at least 10 degrees warmer in the house, so they resided in the living room until the power came back on:


All ten seem to be just fine, though, and now they are all back in their (much) bigger pen outside under their heat lamp.  
I've been puttering around in the gardens.  I've moved some cool weather crops outside, like cabbages and kholrabi.  I keep wanting to get everything in the ground, but we are still a couple of weeks away from our last frost date, so I'm trying to control myself.  I have moved a couple of warmer crops outside, but they are "extras", so if it does get too cold, it won't matter so much if they die, but if it doesn't get too cold, they should get a head start on growing faster.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment