Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Fun

I've noticed lately that my kids tend to say things that you won't hear out of other kids' mouths.  For instance, Lydia shouted as she ran out the back door, "I'll eat my pig hearts after I do the ropes course!"
Lydia and her friend on the ropes course

We have a diy ropes course in the backyard, courtesy of my creative husband.  He took an old hose, and created a ropes course that Lydia spends loads of time doing.  She's had several friends on it as well, and it is holding up nicely.  
As for the pig hearts, my younger three kids love pig (and chicken) hearts fried up in a bit of bacon grease. We just bought a hog, which arrived in boxes, and the kids were eagerly asking for the heart before I'd even got all the pork unloaded.  For the record, Elijah won't try it, and thinks his siblings are nuts.  Nathaniel and I don't eat them because Malachi, Gyunay, and Lydia love the heart so much that it doesn't seem fair to waste any on us.  (I did try one; it was pretty good.)

We also visited a local farm to play on their playground and buy a bushel of peaches.  It turns out that a bushel of peaches is about 50 pounds.  This sign was on the goat pen:

Of course, we loved it.  Also, Malachi caught a leopard frog, and Lydia commandeered it:

The kids had a great time.


Malachi let himself have lots of fun.  Elijah was too "cool" to play at first, but he did do the corn maze, and eventually he was talked into racing his siblings in the human hamster wheels.

This little bus is full of corn in the back.



It was hot, but we had a ball.  We were the only ones there most of the time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment