Sunday, June 21, 2020

Book Review - The Key to Everything by Valerie Fraser Luesse

The Key to Everything: A Novel
This book makes you wish there were lots of real Peyton Cabots in this world.  His character is well-written, and just so good.  I enjoyed this story, from the family dynamics to the setting.  The journey Peyton takes is full of interesting people and places.  The author describes the varied settings so well, and it felt like she has personal knowledge of the area.  I liked the 1947 setting and details.  I read this story over several days, but the characters stayed in my mind often.  Some parts of the story maybe came together a bit too well, but overall, it was an excellent read.  There is grief and suffering in the story, but the overarching tone is hopeful, and there is no better time than now to read a hopeful story.

I received a copy of the book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment