Sunday, July 5, 2020

New Sunroom Floors



This adorable guy turned 8.  We had a nice party for him with his friends, and then immediately afterwards, the construction zone went into effect.  We needed to put new flooring down in the sunroom.
You can see the bad section to the left. The rest of the subfloor was good, though.  We had plenty of hardwood leftover from when we did the rest of the floors, so we decided to use it in the sunroom.  Unlike last time we did floors, I didn't help.  Elijah took over my job at the chop saw: 

And Malachi took over my job of laying out the boards for Nathaniel:

Both boys also acted as general gophers.  Nathaniel does all of the nailing.  The end result is gorgeous!

Gyunay is a camera hog.  When he sees me taking pictures, he jumps right in.  He loves the new floor, and has been busy playing with his "guys" (superheroes) there:



I don't have any plants on the shelves now, but in winter, they will be well-used.




No comments:

Post a Comment