Monday, April 18, 2022

Book Review - The Master Craftsman by Kelli Stuart

 

The Master Craftsman by Kelli Stuart takes the reader back in time to the famous Faberge workshop at the time just before the Russian Revolution.  As a teen, I was fascinated by the history of Russia during the reign of the last tsar, and I was happy to see so much accurate historical detail in this novel.  This novel splits between the early 1900s Russia and a modern-day treasure hunt for a Faberge egg.  I really enjoyed the historic timeline, and I feel that the voice in that timeline was much more authentic and compelling.  The modern timeline had the action and adventure of a treasure hunt, but the character development was lacking.  It kept me interested, but I felt something missing in the modern part.  Overall, though, I enjoyed this book very much.  I also advise anyone interested to google pictures of the real Faberge Imperial eggs.  The author did a wonderful job of describing them,but seeing them is a real treat!



I received a copy of the book from the publisher, Revell, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment