Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Book Review - Dangerous Beauty by Melissa Koslin

 


Dangerous Beauty by Melissa Koslin tackles a difficult but important subject - human trafficking.  Although there are some intense moments, the author portrays the depth and tragedy of the topic without graphic scenes.  I liked the main characters very much.  I did feel that Meric's character was not quite as developed as Liliana's, but I did like both and found both to be intriguing.  Liliana is a fighter, and I loved that about her character.  In some ways, the story line seemed to progress too quickly for real time, like how she so quickly master English.  The writing kept me interested throughout, and there was plenty of suspense.  I won't spoil, but look for the moment between Jess and Liliana.  That piece alone was so moving and memorable.  It was heartfelt, and I appreciated that scene more than any other.  


I received a copy of this book for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment