Saturday, October 1, 2022

September Harvest Totals

 I've had the worst year of production in probably 10 years.  I think I started keeping track in 2016.  Of course, I couldn't tend my garden at all for nearly 2 months, so it's not terribly surprising, but it is still sad for me.  And the tomatoes just didn't produce well anyway.  Also, this month's egg count would have been much higher, but we had a hen eating eggs.  That took some time to correct, but there would have been more eggs.  On a brighter note, the young pullets are laying fabulously.  There are only 5 of them, but we are getting 4 eggs a day from them.

Carrot - 1

Cucumber, Edmondson - 3

Eggs - 141

Green Beans - 8.7 oz

Pepper, Bulgarian sweet - 4

Pepper, Bulgarian hot -1

Radish - 1

Tomatoes - 13 (a mix of Sophie, mystery, and Black Krim)

Zucchini, tatume - 1


Also, we harvested one of the cockerels for about 3 pounds of meat.  We're eating him tonight in chicken and dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment