Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Book Review - Everything is Just Beginning by Erin Bartels

 


I've read several of Erin Bartels' novels, and I have enjoyed them.  Everything is Just Beginning is a bit different from the others, but I enjoyed it, too.  It was a fun setting for me, with an ordinary guy getting into a star's house party on New Year's Eve 1989.  Despite how that sounds, it didn't seem far-fetched at all in the story.  The characters were believable, and like most people, the main character struggled with growth and making good decisions.  It was refreshing to read a story from the near past, but before cell phones.  Deb Wheeler's character has very little "screen time", but her presence is felt throughout the story, and that makes it all the more memorable.  I recommend this book.

I received a copy of the book from the publisher, Revel, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment