Thursday, August 13, 2026

August Craziness

August, as usual, has been pretty crazy.  I was in the middle of canning peaches when I got the call from the post office that my chicks were here, so we now have 26 meat birds living in the shop.
Lydia was in Canada on a trip with her friend and her friend's grandparents.  They were supposed to come home Sunday night.  Three canceled flights, delays, and multiple travel changes later, they managed to struggle home at 4:30 am on Wednesday morning, which was also the first day of school.  Needless to say, I let her sleep.
She did, however, share a photo of a marmot with me:

Over the weekend, Nathaniel and I had to go pick up our hog from the butcher, so we took the younger boys and made a day of it.  We went to Harrodsburg, where we enjoyed the fort and of course spent time on my favorite tree:



We didn't stay as long as we probably could have, partially because we needed to get to the butcher, and partially because Emry's legs are still broken, and he couldn't fully explore the tree.

Now it is Thursday, and Lydia and Emry are at school while Gyunay is homeschooling. Nathaniel is back in Missouri, but he should return to us tonight. Malachi's car broke down, so they plan to work on it later. Pilot has the day off, and Elijah is at work. I am trying to adjust to the new school year while keeping up with my garden and all the craziness around here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment