Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Preserving

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while.  I was having trouble getting the blog to upload pictures.  Hopefully, this time it will work.  
I've been doing a lot of preserving.  Nathaniel and I bought several pounds of banana peppers at the farmer's market last weekend, so I canned some pepper rings:
I also went back to the orchard and bought another 2 bushels of peaches, so I've been making jams and canning honey peaches.  Today I hope to work with tomatoes and make some of the mint jelly that Malachi has been requesting.  I rolled my ankle playing volleyball Monday night, so I've been staying off my feet for the most part, but I'm going to recruit Lydia to help me today.
In chicken news, we are back up to 12 hens, 1 rooster.  I had given 2 pullets to a friend a while back, but she has had severe predator problems, so the last chicken standing, who happened to be one of the ones I gave her, has returned to our coop.  The chickens didn't even really seem to notice when she was re-introduced to them.  They all appear to be getting along just fine, and they have been laying really well.
Lastly, Gyunay wanted me to take a picture of him and his "guys":





 

No comments:

Post a Comment