Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Guacamole

Since I just got back from Las Vegas, Lydia and I ran to the grocery yesterday in search of fresh things.  I think because it's the middle of winter, I'm really craving fresh fruits and veggies right now.  Lydia started begging for tomatoes.  Now, I don't usually buy tomatoes in the winter because, well, they aren't really tomatoes.  But I will make an occassional exception for cherry tomatoes, because at least they have some tomato taste to them.  And avacados were on sale...and so I decided to make guacamole.  Lydia and I devoured it.  You need:
1 clove garlic, diced and then mashed with a little salt
2 avocados
juice of one lime
about 2 strips of bell pepper, diced
about 2 cherry tomatoes, diced
a small amount of minced onion

Smash the avocado with the lime juice and then add everything else.  None of the guys in my house will touch guacamole, but Lydia and I eat it as the main course.

No comments:

Post a Comment