Thursday, June 6, 2013

Garden Update

I took these pictures over the weekend, but never actually posted them.  So here is the garden update:
This is a "Cinderella" pumpkin.  It's an heirloom type that grows rather large and quite red. 


Here are two of the four cantaloupe seedlings.  I can't wait for cantaloupe!!!


And the roses look lovely.  I do absolutely nothing with this rose bush, and it is gorgeous.

I did have to buy several (many) tomato plants from the farmer's market, and I also bought 2 butternut squash, various sweet pepper plants, 3 beets, 3 radishes, and one pasilla pepper plant, which is the type of pepper I used in dried form in chorizo.  It's raining now, but I do plan on counting exactly how many tomato plants I've ended up with.  I think it is between 30 and 40.

And lastly, we had a great time yesterday at Holiday World.  It was our first trip to an amusement park for the kids, and it went very well.  All three had a good time, and no one got motion sick.  (I did medicate Elijah beforehand, and he and I stayed off twisty rides.  I admit that the third time I took Lydia on the carousel, I did get a bit queasy, but I got better.)


No comments:

Post a Comment