Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Book Review - The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright

  I recently read The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright.  I was hooked on Ivy's story from the very start.  It took me a little while to fully get into Kaine's chapters (I kept wanting to return to Ivy), but after a few chapters, I was interested in her story, as well.  I still feel that Ivy's character and her story were more compelling, though.  In the present-day story, I wasn't enamored with Grant's character or his too-fast prominence in Kaine's life.  This book has plenty of suspense, and I enjoyed the depth of the heroines.  The plot was fairly original, and twists in the story were mostly surprises.  I enjoyed reading this novel, and overall, the author did an excellent job in her debut novel.   

I received this book from the publisher, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.








No comments:

Post a Comment