Thursday, January 18, 2018

Pink Elephants

I started to make Lydia a new blanket.  I've been feeling the need to make/organize/rearrange lately.  I decided that Lydia would need a new blanket to go with her new room decor, so I pulled out fabric I already had and started on a pink elephant, teal, and blue blanket.  Lydia wanted to help, and lo and behold, my girl loves to iron!!!!
I took advantage of that immediately, and she ironed all 35 squares for her blanket (fronts and backs!).  I was able to quickly throw this together:

The teal color in the four squares matches her paint color perfectly.

Random picture of my cute Batman.

They were enthusiastic about posing with the new blanket.

The back of the blanket is a checkered pattern of blue flannel.  It's very soft and cozy.  Lydia loves blue, and there would have been more blue or teal on the front, but I was just using fabrics I already own.  She loves the elephants, too, though, so it worked out well.


No comments:

Post a Comment