Monday, January 1, 2018

Merry Christmas and ice skating

We went to visit family for Christmas.  It was so nice to see everyone!
I made Lydia's dress this year.  She loves the velour fabric because it's so soft, and the sash makes it look a bit fancy.  Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out, but I would make a few changes if I made that pattern again.

I just love this photo.  Gyunay was so proud to wear a vest and tie, and he loved that Malachi had one, too.

Now we are back home, and it has been COLD.  It's been so cold that today when I was driving home from Mass, it was only 1 degree.  It's a bit warmer than that now (although still below freezing), so it's skate on the little pond time:


Elijah is really bummed that he can't join them, but he has been sick since yesterday morning and is currently barely getting up enough energy to walk to the bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that got to skate! I remember the winter all the sidewalks iced over for several days and a friend and I had a blast skating in our shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They love it! And Lydia keeps commenting on how much easier it is to skate in boots than in ice skates!

    ReplyDelete