Friday, February 23, 2018

Book Review - The Sea Before Us by Sarah Sundin


The Sea Before Us by Sarah Sundin tells the tale of the Wrens in England in WWII and their coordination with the US Naval forces.  It is a fascinating look at details of D-Day that are often unknown.  The author did a great job of researching this book, and I appreciate her care to detail.  I admit that I skimmed the battle scenes, just because I don't care to read about actual battles, but other readers will probably appreciate them.

Main characters Wyatt and Dorothy both have difficult pasts, and both are interesting characters.  I liked watching them grow throughout the novel.  The faith elements in this book are obvious and woven throughout the story.  Trust in the Lord and forgiveness are big themes. 

I highly recommend this book.  I received a copy from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment