Thursday, June 7, 2018

Book Review - Together Forever by Jody Hedlund

 Together Forever by Jody Hedlund is the second in a series of books on the orphan trains of the 1800s.  I did not read the first book, but I don't think it hindered enjoyment or understanding of this story.  I like that the author did not sugarcoat the orphan trains, but presented both good and bad sides to the practice.  The main characters were engaging, and I wanted to know more about them as the story progressed.  The romance was sweet, and while it was predictable, it was still satisfying.  The story is firmly planted in 1858, and I appreciated the historical details.  Some of the plot lines seemed a bit unrealistic, and Marianne's habit of lying didn't really go away at the end, it just evolved to the point of withholding information instead of outright lying, so that was a bit of a problem with the lack of character development.  I do recommend this for anyone who is interested in historical romances, though.

I received this book from the publisher, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment