Thursday, September 26, 2019

Fall?

In the mornings and evenings, it is finally starting to feel like fall.  We've been taking advantage of the good weather by having some school outside.  Gyunay set up a makeshift desk on the deck:


Lydia prefers to work on the shed roof (with cats):



It's nice for me, too, because I can check on them easily while working in the garden.  I still have green beans to harvest about every other day.  We are still getting tomatoes, although no where near as many as just a couple of weeks ago.  The chickens keep flying out of their yard and munching on the tomatoes, so that doesn't help, either.  I harvested the fourth Long Island Cheese pumpkin yesterday, and I think I've dug up all of the sweet potatoes.  I'm working on turning some of the front yard into a cottage garden of sorts, so that will take quite a bit of work.  I've been waiting for nicer weather, and it is finally here.  It still gets over 80 in the afternoon, but the mornings and evenings are so pleasant, and we've had a nice breeze most of the time.  Fall is teasing that it may come.  I do hope we get some great fall weather.  It's so depressing when it goes straight from summer to winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment