Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fruit Pudding

My mom has a recipe for Virginia Apple Pudding.  It's fantastic.  Then Dad planted a peach tree, and Mom made it with peaches.  I loved that even more.  It's a fast and easy dessert that I've made so many times.  Then I decided to try and make it healthier, by making it whole wheat and reducing the sugar, and I've found that it's still delicious, even with the healthier changes.  I love it warm with a little vanilla ice cream.  Actually, the ice cream is rather necessary, because otherwise I'd burn all the skin off my tongue from trying to eat it too hot!  It also makes a great breakfast, or snack, or whatever...Here's the recipe I use now:
1 stick butter (1/2 c)
1 c whole wheat flour
1 c milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 c fruit

Preheat the oven to 375 and put the butter in a 2 qt dish to melt.  I then mix everything else except the fruit with the melted butter.  Then mix in the fruit.  Bake for 45 minutes. 
I've made this recipe with apples, peaches (my favorite one), strawberries, blueberries, mixed berries, and maybe pears.  If I haven't tried it with pears, I should.  The pictured fruit pudding has strawberries and blueberries in it.  It was good....



In other news, the wedding was beautiful (as most all weddings are), and we had a great weekend. Here is my family at the reception.
It's kinda hard to see Elijah since he was bouncing around behind us.  Malachi is probably complaining about something in that second picture.  He looks like he's ready to whine.  That's all for tonight.  I'm already looking forward to having fruit pudding for breakfast....

1 comment:

  1. yum!

    Great fam pics. You all are too cute! And the kids look even bigger! :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete