Monday, December 13, 2010

Ranch Potato Salad

This is so yummy!  My parents have been talking about this different potato salad that they get at the lake, made with bacon and sour cream and some ranch flavors instead of mayo.  Well, I decided to try and make some, and it was a huge hit with Nathaniel and me.  Here's what I did:
6-8 pieces of bacon, cooked and diced
4 baked potatoes, cubed (I took about 1/2 of the skins off, but left half on)
1/2 c cheddar cheese (plus another 1/2 c, optional)
1 recipe of my garlic ranch dressing (see http://barefootkentuckymama.blogspot.com/2010/07/garlic-ranch-dressing.html)

Combine all ingredients in a 2 quart baking dish.  Now it is great just cold like that.  But then you can add the additional 1/2 c or so of cheese to the top and stick it in the oven for about 15 minutes.  And then it's really heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment