Friday, July 1, 2011

Blueberry Banana Muffins

My kids basically stopped eating banana muffins a while back, and I still have bananas in the freezer.  So today, when I had extra blueberries (from ones the kids and I picked), I decided to try my hand at creating a new muffin recipe.  Here it is:

3 c whole wheat flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
heaping 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
4 or 5 mashed bananas
1/3 c maple syrup
1/3 c blueberry syrup (see note below)
1/3 c apple sauce
3/4 c blueberries (could easily use 1c)

Mash bananas with fork.  Add wet ingredients, then dry.  Mix well.  Add blueberries last.  Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes for mini muffins and about 15-17 minutes for regulars.  This recipe made one batch of minis and one batch of regulars for me.

Blueberry syrup - I make fruit syrups for pancakes and keep leftovers in the fridge.  This one was about 1c water, 1/2 c maple syrup and 1 c smashed blueberries mixed together and brought to a low boil.  (I don't measure, though, so this is all approximate.)  You can also buy blueberry syrup, but it's pretty expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment