Thursday, August 18, 2011

The camera is broke...

...so I have no pictures to share here today, not of my niece's fun birthday party nor of my garden nor anything else.  I bought a new battery for it, but it still doesn't work.  I'll have to have Nathaniel try to resurrect it (he's sometimes able to do stuff like that), but I'm afraid it's really done this time.

I'm finally getting tomatoes from the garden, maybe one or two a day now.  That's great for eating - which I do constantly! - but I'm hoping that a ton more ripen soon for salsas. 

The chickens are doing good, but they are confined to the small yard while Nathaniel tries to trap the feral cat that killed one the other day.  I hope he can trap it and get it to the Humane Society, but we'll have to wait and see.  In the meantime, we have to try to cat-proof the second, larger yard.

I made a batch of blackberry peach jam yesterday, so the boys are thrilled with me.  I'm almost to the end of the peaches, which is good because I need to pick the crabapples and make some crabapple butter soon.  (I'll post that recipe when I make it.  It is really beautiful and different, but I figure I should post it this time, since I don't remember exactly what measurements I used last time.  Surprise, surprise, I just add a little of this and  a little of that and forget to jot it all down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment