Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The next weekend

I've been trying to dig myself out of my massive laundry pile before we head off on our next weekend adventure.  Yes, I'm crazy like that, planning 2 camping-style weekends in a row.  We are headed to my parents' cabin on the lake for a nice long weekend.  The kids start fall break on Friday, so we're off to the lake!

We can't wait.  It's been a year since we've been, and I can't wait to see all the things Dad has done since then.  (For those that don't know, he's building a cabin there.)  The kids are ecstatic.  Elijah has been bugging  me for months about going to the cabin, but it didn't all come together until now.

I've also been trying to re-make a fake leather maternity jacket into an Indiana Jones jacket for Halloween.  Shh, don't tell the kids it was originally a maternity jacket.  Plus, I'm painting the control panel onto slick black long underwear for a Darth Vader costume.  Luckily for me, Lydia's going to be a pumpkin, and we actually have 2 pumpkin costumes already made and ready to wear.

The weather is perfect today.  The leaves are looking so pretty, the sun is shining, and it's about 70 degrees. So nice.  It should be cooler tomorrow, but as long as there's no rain, it will be good for Lydia's pumpkin patch field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment