Saturday, September 14, 2013

Strawberry Maple Ice Cream

Nathaniel got me an ice cream maker for my birthday, and he gave it to me early so we could enjoy homemade ice cream while it's still hot out.  I've made some fabulous ice creams!  Homemade is so much better than anything you can find at the store.

Nathaniel has always loved strawberry ice cream, so it was at the top of the must-make list (along with chocolate chip cookie dough for the kids and dark chocolate and peanut butter for me).  I've never really cared much for strawberry ice cream, until now.  This is fantastic!  I adapted the recipe that comes with the Cuisinart ice cream maker, and it is so good.  It makes 2 quarts.

First, take 3c sliced strawberries and mix them with 1/2 c sugar.  Let them sit and get juicy, about an hour.  Then puree.  Add 2 c heavy cream, 2 c whole milk, 1 c maple syrup, and 1 tsp vanilla.   Make according to your ice cream maker's instructions and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment