Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Book Review - Blessings for the Evening

Blessings for the Evening

Most of the books I have reviewed have been fiction, but this time I am writing about a collection of scripture and blessings by Susie Larson called Blessings for the Evening.   I admit that I didn't read this book one blessing per night, partly because I tend to read several pages of any book at once, and partly because I wanted to get it read for this review.  I do plan to go back and reread one blessing per night, though, since I think it is a nice way to end the day.

Each night's reading in the book has one scripture reading on the first page and one blessing that corresponds to that scripture.  The words are printed over gorgeous nature photography.  There is an index in the front, which is nice for finding particular words of encouragement.  Titles range from "A Thankful Heart" and "Let God Carry the Load" to "Christ in Focus."  There are also a few season-specific blessings at the end of the book for Thanksgiving, Christmas, grieving, etc.

I really enjoyed this book.  It is a soothing and empowering read.  It would be a lovely gift, too. I highly recommend this book.

I received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment