Saturday, February 1, 2014

Capes

I had a customer ask if I could make a child-sized version of my doll cape.  I've been busy trying to create one.  The first version looked like this:

 It is cute, but when I tried to do white ribbon trim, it came out pretty wonky:

 It's plenty cute enough for Lydia or my nieces to play dress-up, but I couldn't sell it.  Getting a trim to work on the fleece ended up being too much of a problem, so I left off the trim and roll hemmed it instead.



The cape was designed for a 5-year-old that's about 4 inches taller than Lydia, so it wouldn't drag the ground on her.  I even put a real, working button on for the close, since my machine does buttonholes in a snap.  (I love that feature.)


I'm pleased with how it turned out.  I plan on making some more for the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment