Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sprouts

I'm getting some seedlings in the playroom.  These are broccoli.  I also have brussel sprouts, spinach, and arrugula:


The lettuce I planted inside is not looking very great, but the ones in the playroom look really healthy.  All that sunshine really helps!

I will be planting more seeds before too long: tomatoes, peppers, tomatillos, carrots, radishes, oh my!  The radishes and carrots I plan to try to grow in pots this spring.  The tomatoes, peppers, and tomatillos will just be started indoors for later planting in the garden.  I will plant the pumpkins, cucumbers, squash, cantaloupes, and corn directly outside when it's much warmer.  I plan to plant the peas outside fairly early, and then do some succession planting with those.  I'll have to see when to plant the green and other beans.  But I'm encouraged by the green sprouts, even though the forecast looks bad for next week (super cold again!  more ice!)  
And I plan on boiling some sap tomorrow.  I have about 8 gallons right now, so we'll see how that goes.  Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment