Sunday, December 13, 2015

Book Review - Until the Dawn by Elizabeth Camden



I've read and reviewed two other books by Elizabeth Camden, and I was eager to read this one as well.  It did not disappoint.  Set at the turn of the last century in the north east, this novel delivers historical fiction and an intriguing family mystery.  I loved many of the characters, including heroine Sophie.  She was well-drawn, with a deep faith despite many hardships in her life.  Quentin, the heir to the mysterious Dierenpark mansion, is an injured and driven man who puts all of his faith in modern science.  I liked both characters, and their backstories were interesting.  The historical details in this book were superb.  Camden weaves in details about the early weather reporting and the work of biologists, archaeologists, and architects just over 100 years ago.  The romance building between the two main characters was slow at first and then changed a bit abruptly, but it was believable.  The mystery of Dierenpark was really interesting, but I won't divulge anything here to spoil it.  I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical fiction.

I received this book from the publisher, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment