Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Book Review - Thin Ice by Irene Hannon



This book starts with Christy Reed seeing her sister's house burn down, presumably with her sister inside.  Two months later, a letter addressed in sister Ginny's hand arrives.  If Ginny didn't die in the fire, where is she?  Author Irene Hannon takes the reader on a twisting ride as Christy and FBI agent Lance McGregor try to solve the mystery before more tragedy occurs.

This suspense novel was fast-paced and held my interest, although it was a bit longer than it needed to be.  The characters are likeable, with interesting backgrounds.  It did seem like they felt really comfortable together really quickly, but given the circumstances, I overlooked this.  The story is told in third person, but it varies on focus between Christy, Lance, the killer, and the killer's relative.  I enjoyed the shifting viewpoints.  This is the second in a trilogy, which I realized early on, but it is a stand-alone novel.  This is the first novel by Irene Hannon I've read, and I think the next one in this series looks interesting as well.

I received this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment