Saturday, February 6, 2016

Book Review - Always Watching by Lynette Eason



I just finished Lynette Eason's suspense novel, Always Watching.  It started with a high-intensity scene, and I expected that the tension would ease for a while, but it never did.  This book has plenty of suspense from start to finish.  I enjoyed the main character, Olivia, and I liked how Eason slowly let Olivia's guard down to reveal some personal information.  There were a few things that struck me as a bit far fetched, such as the fact that Elite Guardians bodyguard agency is originally staffed only by beautiful women, and many of the male characters in the book are described as exceptionally attractive, too.  Overall, though, these were minor things, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel.  The building romance between Olivia and Wade was believable and welcome.  As for the stalker, I won't give anything away here.  I did partially - but not totally - figure it out before the end, but this doesn't detract from the story, at least for me.  I noticed that this is the start of a series, and there are plenty of characters for Eason to use in future books.  In the beginning, the characters' faith doesn't appear as a main theme, but as the novel progresses, Wade and his father in particular show how their faith is helping to carry them through the stress, and Olivia becomes interested in rekindling her faith.  I think those elements were worked into the story well.

This book has plenty of suspense and action, and I recommend it.  I was given a copy of this book by the publishers, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment