Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Book Review - High as the Heavens by Kate Breslin


High as the Heavens by Kate Breslin is the best novel I've read in a long time.  I absolutely loved this book.  The main character, Eve, is a nurse and spy in Belgium during WWI.  Her character has depth and growth, and it was very easy to root for Eve.  Her anguish and determination are palpable.  Several secondary characters were also well-drawn, and all were realistic.  The historical detail of this novel is excellent, and I really enjoyed that aspect, as I knew nothing of Belgium and little of WWI.  I also appreciate that the author has notes at the end to separate her inventions from the historical record.  The story is suspenseful and engaging from start to finish.  I highly recommend this book!

I received a copy of the book from the publisher, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment