Friday, July 28, 2017

Garden Bounty

The tomatoes are really coming in now.  We picked these today:



I'm not sure how big of a basket that is, exactly, but it originally had 20 lbs of apples in it.  The largest tomato in that bunch weighed 1.25 lbs!  I now have 6 1/2 quarts of crushed tomatoes in the freezer, waiting for me to can salsa later.  I plan to can a lot of salsa at once, now that I have the huge canner.  That way, I don't heat up the kitchen as often.  I should be doing well enough in tomatoes to also can crushed tomatoes for sauces, too.

I also harvested the fingerling potatoes, and I roasted them with olive oil, rosemary, and parmesan cheese.  Now it's time for dinner, with those and bacon and tomatoes!

And here are all of the grandkids on my side of the family:

No comments:

Post a Comment