Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Book Review - Vanishing Point by Lisa Harris

Vanishing PointThis book says "A Nikki Boyd" novel on the cover, but although it is about the case that drove her into law enforcement, Nikki herself is more of a "cameo" than a character in this tale.  I was disappointed that she didn't have a bigger role, especially in the end.  That said, I did enjoy main characters Jordan and Garrett.  I just didn't feel that they were as well-defined as the characters in the previous novels.  The case itself was very good, and there was suspense throughout, but I felt that the main characters needed a bit more.  All in all, it is a good book, and I would definitely try another of Lisa Harris's novels, but the first three Nikki Boyd novels kept me enthralled from start to finish.  This one fizzles at times, and the romance element is frustrating.  I still give it four stars, though, because it is well-written, and the serial killer case is well-done.

I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment