Monday, July 8, 2019

Seven and Gardening

It's hard to believe that my youngest is 7!  His siblings had fun playing with him.


We also celebrated Gyunay's birthday with my family this past weekend, but I haven't uploaded any pictures from that yet.  We had planned to get a group shot of all the grandkids, but as usual, that didn't work out.  My nephew got sick and was unable to visit, poor guy.

From the garden, things are looking pretty good.  These little green things are radish pods.  They taste just like radishes,  but they have a neat texture.  If you let them dry, you can save the seed inside the pods.  I'm eating some and drying some.  

The daylilies are finally blooming.  beside them is corn, and the tall plants in the back left are dill.  I've got lots of dill; it's a shame I have no cucumbers yet.  The tomatoes are looking good, but still none ripe.  A few have just started to change color, though, so I hope to eat one this week.

And lastly, we had a sad homecoming when we discovered that both of our beautiful sapphire gem pullets were killed over the weekend.  We have once again repaired and reinforced the chicken yard and coop.  Nathaniel set the trap, and the culprit was a young possum.  My friend wants a possum on her property to eat ticks, so the possum is actually going to be relocated to a very nice place.

Brothers worn out on a summer afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment