Friday, July 12, 2019

Tomato Frustration

Lydia, Gyunay, and I were very happy to eat the first ripe tomato from our garden yesterday.  We've picked 4 so far, and I check on the garden many times a day.  The only ripe ones we've had are St. Pierre and Mortgage Lifters.  This morning, I had my eyes on these tomatoes, hoping they would ripen maybe tomorrow, but alas:


The squirrels must have got to them.  Squirrels are pesky. Katie doesn't scare them off like she used to, both because she isn't outside as often barking at them, and because the squirrels have realized that she rarely sees them in the yard, just on the deck.

Another view of the trellis.  To the left, the tallest plant is a crescent green bean.  There is also a small cantaloupe plant and a butternut squash, as well as some really pathetic looking cucumbers.  To the right is a tatume zucchini, some tomatillos, and a spaghetti squash.  
I've been getting lots of cherry tomatoes the past few days, so we have been happily snacking on those.  The Golden Nugget ones are prolific and delicious.  The Mexican Mini ones aren't producing much this year; I'm not sure why.  

No comments:

Post a Comment