Monday, April 20, 2020

Soft Pretzels

Lydia has loved making soft pretzels lately.  She has really been spoiling us with them.  They are so delicious.
I make a cheese sauce to go with them, and they disappear rapidly.  We've been using this recipe: https://www.dailydiylife.com/copycat-auntie-annes-pretzels/  although we do use 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour and half all-purpose, and reduce the sugar by 1T.  We've also learned to make a triple batch!  Today, she made them, and I served them for lunch along with the cheese sauce, raw veggies, and hard boiled eggs.  Everyone was very happy.

Also today, Elijah wanted chocolate chip cookies.  For the first time, he made cookies by himself (with just a little guidance).  No pictures of that, but they were declicious, too.  I haven't made cookies in quite a while.  I did make chorizo today, though, and that is always a hit with everyone.  Once I've made a big batch of chorizo and froze it in smaller containers, mixing it with scrambled eggs is one of my easy, quick meals that everyone will eat.  (There's often riced cauliflower in the meal, too, but don't tell the kids.)

No comments:

Post a Comment