Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Buttonholes

Malachi picked out the fabric for his new shirt, and I finally got around to making it.  It was the first time I had used the automatic buttonhole feature on my new machine.  Check it out:
Now, to those of you who don't sew, it may not look like much, but to me, it is nearly miraculous.  MY MACHINE MAKES BUTTONHOLES!  And I didn't have to do much of anything to make wonderfully perfect buttonholes that are exactly the right size.  I can't wait to use it again.  It took what was a major task and turned it into a 10-minute easy project.  Yay!  Now I need to make Elijah another shirt.  (He claims he picked out the fabric two years ago.  It was about 6 months ago, still a long time, but certainly not years!)

In other news, Lydia ate the first red strawberry from our patch.  Only one was ready, and there is no picture, since she ate it.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment