Thursday, September 6, 2012

Firsts

Yesterday was Lydia's first day of preschool.  I know I should insert a picture of her on her first day here:


But it is blank because you know I forgot to take a picture of her yesterday, just like I forgot to take a picture of her brothers on the first day of school this year.  Sigh.

She did have a good time, and so did I.  I walked into town and piddled around downtown for a couple of hours.  I got back early because I had to meet with the children's director.  (Lydia's preschool is in our church.)  I'm helping run Wednesday nights for the elementary kids again this year, starting next week.

In other exciting news, Nathaniel got home from Switzerland early!  He wasn't supposed to come back until Sat, but he was able to come home last night.

We've been trying to get some stuff done around the house.  I'm not sure how successful that is, because as soon as I start one project, it seems to lead to 10 other projects.

The garden has been SLOW.  I am getting tomatoes, but not lots.  I have lots of green ones, though, so there is still hope.  Even cherry tomato production has slowed way down.  On the plus side, I've had lots of peppers, but Lydia eats those up pretty quick, too!  I did manage to score some butternut squash and pumpkins really, really cheap at the farmer's market last week and hope to find the same deal this weekend.  Usually they are much more expensive, but maybe they were cheaper because it's early for them.  We just finished up the last of the cantaloupe I bought last weekend.  It wasn't cheap, but you all know I'd pay dearly for good cantaloupe.  Mmmmmmm  I want more just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment