Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Random Thoughts

Well, this is just me rambling today.  I played volleyball this morning, which was awesome.  I've also been getting ready for the big consignment sale next week.  I'm also trying to finish Catherine the Great before I go hear the author speak tomorrow night while simultaneously beginning the third Harry Potter because my son is reading it on his own.

I've had the Spin Doctors' song "Two Princes" stuck in my head for at least 2 days.  I like that song, but it could go away for a while.

In chicken news, Sol has started laying eggs again.  When we had the rooster, Leaf (the brown Rhode Island Red hen) was the lead hen, but after he died and we had the coyote slaughter, Leaf and the other hens didn't seem to have a leader.  Now Sol is throwing her weight around a bit, like she did when she was mama hen.  It appears she's taking over the top spot and none of the hens seem interested in challenging that.

The five chicks are doing great.  I do think we have 2 roosters and 3 hens, but we'll see.  None have started crowing yet.

The boys both get to be in chess club this year.  It starts next week, and they are plenty excited about that.  I don't have any desire to learn to play chess, but I'm glad they find it exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment