Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rearranging

Every once in a while, I get the urge to change things.  Yesterday, the kids had a snow day.  While I let them play in their pajamas, I decided to tackle something that's bothered me for years:


Our TV stand in the living room.  It's always been a cheap, rather pathetic piece of furniture, but now it's also falling apart.  So I got rid of it and moved this table/cabinet/nightstand thing in its place:



I think it looks much better.  It also puts the TV up a bit higher.  I like that it has a door to conceal the VCR and Wii games.  The Wii itself is on the floor next to it, but I don't think that's a big deal.  

Other than that, I've been sewing and sifting through the adoption preparation education stuff.  I've made several doll hoodies this week.  This is my favorite:

I had fun playing around with my scraps and creating a new design.  

The kids had a great snow day yesterday, and Nathaniel came home a little early so we all went out to dinner.  He's at the airport now, ready for his flight to Dubai.  We're not looking forward to him being gone for the week, but I'm so very thankful that he doesn't travel all the time anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment