Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sewing Owls

Today, we started making owls.  The kids had seen some felt owls on etsy that are dressed like Batman, and the boys were eager to make them.  Lydia has been begging me to teach her how to sew for some time, too, so this seemed like the perfect project for all three kids.
 I cut out the owls from felt, and I sewed the eyes and nose on Lydia's.  She then climbed up in my lap to learn how to whip stitch it shut.  I thought she'd get bored, but she stuck around to sew the whole owl.

She is very proud of herself.  Nathaniel took these pictures of us sewing, because she kept exclaiming, "Look, Daddy!  I'm sewing!"
So now her owl is done, and she wants to make more.  I told her maybe another time.  I think I'll cut out some felt animal for her to sew and surprise her.
The boys haven't sewn theirs yet, but they are plotting ways to make their owls look like superheroes.  I'll have to let you know how that turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment